Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Department is saddled with the responsibility of bringing Government Information and Services to the citizens through application of ICT in order to improve the delivery of public services and delivering processes of democratic governance
Key Functions of the Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Department
- Formulation and supervision of the implementation of the National ICT Policy
- Facilitate and encourage public private partnership initiatives to develop the ICT sector e.g. ICT parks
- Support ICT capacity building programmes to foster and promote the use of ICT
- Liaise with international ICT organization to foster and promote national ICT development as well as keeping abreast of new developments
- Oversee the deployment and implementation of IT infrastructure (Hardware and Software) to enhance e-government activities of MDAs.
- Provide a national portal to facilitate Single Window access to public services
- Provide standards and specification as well as leadership in the acquisition and implementation of ICT systems in the computerization of MDAs service wide.
- Co-ordination and supervision of ICT programs and projects of the MDAs service wide to ensure alignment with e-governance objectives.
- Develop national databases to facilitate access to data and information that supports research and policy development.
- Supervision and oversight of the Ministry’s implementing agencies and parastatals such as NITDA, Galaxy Backbone to ensure co-ordination of ICT policy implementation.
- Provide a portal to support cost effective and transparent procurement of goods and services for MDAs.